The Child and Family Team
The Child & Family Service at The Canopy provides support and assistance to help you make the positive changes that you would like to make in your family. Our aim is to support you to improve the safety and well being of your children by providing a flexible and respectful service that builds on the strengths of your family. Any member of the family can call us and we also take referrals from other services.
Phone 02 4954 5277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When should you call?
- When you feel that you would like to make some changes OR
- When you could use some extra support to help with parenting and to work out what you can try next.
- When you are concerned about how your children and family are going and you would like some information,support, advice or encouragement.
- When you are having trouble finding the right information about support in your local area for your children and family.
What will happen when you call?
When you first contact the service the child and family worker will talk with you about what your needs are and how we can assist you with the information and services that you are looking for. We may also have some other ideas or suggestions that you may like to consider.
Families with dependent children aged 0-12 who live in the North Lake Macquarie area.This includes the following suburbs: Argenton, Barnsley Cameron Park, Cardiff, Cardiff Heights, Edgeworth, Elermore Vale, Fletcher, Glendale, Holmesville, Killingworth, Macquarie Hills, Maryland, Minmi, Rhonnda, Seahampton, Teralba, Wakefield and West Wallsend.
*** If your family is already receiving other casework assistance from Department of Community and Justice, you are not eligible for individual work, but will still be able to attend our parenting programs and weekly groups.
Intensive Family Preservation and Intensive Family Support
This service is by referral only.
Aim of Intensive Family Services:
- To keep children at home in a safe, stable & nurturing family environment
- Improve parenting capacity & family functioning
- Improve children’s well-being
- Prevent unnecessary placement into Out Of Home Care
Support for your family may include helping you to:
- Improve parenting skills
- Increase support networks
- Improve skills in areas such as budgeting
- Improve household living conditions and routines
- Resolve difficult situations
- Strengthen family bonds and reduce family conflict
- Look at the needs of particular family members
- Improve child safety and wellbeing
|Activity Room 1
|100 Function Chairs||10 Mobile Folding Tables 2 Folding Trestle Tables||5 Children's Chairs (weekday only), 6 Children's Tables (weekday only), Two Seater Couch and Two Single Couch Seats (weekday only) Children's artwork will not be removed unless agreed in writing at least 2 weeks prior to event|
|AActivity Room 2
|40 Function Chairs||7 Mobile Folding Tables||Portable Whiteboard|
|Activity Room 3
|1 Tub Chairs||2 Trestle Tables (behind cupboard)||Ten Children's Chairs, Two Seater Couch, Two Single Couch Seats, Portable Whiteboard and Two Coffee Tables|
|Activity Room 4
|40 Function Chairs, 4 Tub Chairs||4 Mobile Folding Tables||Children's Play Table, 15 Children's Chairs, Cubby House|
|Commercial Kitchen||Commercial fridge, freezer, dishwasher, stove, oven.||Crockery, cutlery and other kitchen equipment is not a standard inclusion and will only be provided on request.|